Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cruising with the Storm

Last year I took a new job that required me to commute about 40 minutes each morning. Not a bad drive either way really, and it allows me to wake up in the morning and decompress in the afternoon. I love to listen to music while I drive, and anyone who has ever passed me or I pass them on the highway can pretty much be guaranteed to see me singing along to whatever I have on the ipod. There are many mornings though that I just have to have on my favorite Irish band Gaelic Storm. If you go back to the movie Titanic, they were the Irish band in third class that was playing when Jack and Rose were dancing. They have made several lineup changes since then, and their music just seems to get better and better with every new album. They have a new one coming out next month (no Texas dates on the tour, argh!), and I will be sure to get it to sing along to when school gets going again in August. They are a great live band as well, Ive seen them several times. If you have a chance to go see them, be sure to do it, you will have a blast. They are all great musicians, and the songs are very catchy and make you feel really good. Check them out!
www.gaelicstorm.com

No comments: