Saturday, July 3, 2010

This Blog Serves No Purpose Really!

Like the title says, this blog really serves no purpose really. By that I mean I haven't set this up with any specific ideas in mind. Basically I just wanted to get this going again as a spot to write down my thoughts whenever the mood strikes me to do so.

I set this up years ago when I got into cycling, but I fell off the cycle (pun intended there) for quite a while and have just recently decided to start riding again. I've been riding for about three weeks now and am feeling a LOT better than I was feeling at the beginning of the summer. Why did I start riding again? I went to a two week workshop on the high tech industry here in the DFW area, and one of the assignments we had to do was to make a video of a science concept. I did (its on teachertube somewhere, I'll find the link to it and post it here later), and after watching it I couldn't believe how much weight I had gained. I know the camera is supposed to add some pounds, but come on!! So, I decided to hit the bike again, and the weight has immediately started to come off. That picture of me at the top of this blog is from a couple of years ago, and I hope to look much better than that a year from now.

So that is basically it. Later on I will posting all kinds of random thoughts on things. I wrote several articles for the Dallas Morning News a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, so I will use this spot to continue to do that.

Ok first thing then, my title at the top, texasnightrider. I chose that a long time ago for the reason that's listed, but I could change it to texasmorningrider now (but that doesn't sound as cool). Somehow I morphed into a morning person! I don't know when this happened, but my wife and I switched rolls for sure. When we first got married, she would talk my ear off at the breakfast table and I wouldn't hear half of what she said. Now I am up at 5 am sometimes and out the door by 5:30 and riding, and come home to wake her up! Must be because I am getting older (ugh!) and need less sleep. Weird how that has happened. Now I rarely ride at night, but will probably have to do that when the school year rolls around again. I get the feeling I am going to be so busy this next school year I may not get to ride until 9 pm sometimes.

No comments: