Friday, August 13, 2010

Goatneck ride

Its been quite a while since I last posted. Been a very busy month since then. I really have been working hard to get the weight off, and even though it seems to be staying the same I have been losing some fat. My belt the other day had to be tightened two more notches from the end of the school year last May, and all of my pants fit for the beginning of school. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Since the Midlothian ride I have also done the Goatneck out in Cleburne. Great ride, I rode with some folks from Team in Training, and did 41 miles. Most of the hills in the Goatneck are not that bad, but there is one that is pretty brutal. It was really long, and while the wind was behind us at that point it wasn't very strong. As a result you end up going about the same speed as the wind, and you get no air flow over you. All of a sudden about halfway up it got incredibly hot, but I did get to the top without walking! There was a guy taking pics at the top, and I found mine on his site. I still have a LONG way to go to look good cycling! The toughest part of the ride was the end. Totally flat going into town, but into a headwind. Brutal way to end the day. With 2500 + riders though it was a lot of fun, and I'll do it again next year.

No comments: